Pioneer PL-12D 2 Speed Belt Drive TurntablePioneer PL-12D 2 Speed Belt Drive Turntable Description:The PL-12D motor drives the platter not via a system of trouble prone idlers but via the tried and true Pioneer belt transmission, shutting out motor vibrations and rumble while improving the overall signal to noise ratio.The...
- Unit price
Sansui SR-222 2-Speed Belt-Drive TurntableSansui SR-222 2-Speed Belt-Drive Turntable Description:The Sansui SR-222 mkI features a variety of technical achievements, providing a perfectly balanced performance even at a reasonable price; this turntable easily rivals some of the priciest manual models available.One-touch power/speed lever mechanismTripod motor suspension systemDiamond-cut Die-cast aluminium...
- Unit price
Logic Tempo 2 Speed Belt Drive TurntableLogic Tempo 2 Speed Belt Drive Turntable Description:The Logic Tempo is a belt-driven, sprung chassis turntable with AC synchronous motor.The DM101 was fitted with an improved electronic power supply with two-speed switching.Drive is by a synchronous motor via a precision ground, flat section belt.The...
- Unit price
Lenco L-70 4 Speed TurntableLenco L-70 4 Speed Record Player Description: 4 Speed TurntableSpeeds: 16, 33, 45 & 78Motor: 4-polePlatter: Die-cast zinc, weight 3.6KgTone arm: 4 special ball bearingsCartridge: Nagaoka OS 300MPMade in SwitzerlandYear: 1964Size: W392 x D338 x H133mmWeight: 9.1Kg Serial No. 42452 Description of Works Serviced...
- Unit price
Rega RP1 Turntable Rega RP1 Turntable This multi-award winning turntable is designed and engineered to achieve outstanding performance way beyond the expectations of a product at this price point. The minimalist design of the RP1 and the use of extremely high quality components throughout ensure this...
- Unit price
Buy Vintage Record Players Online: The Perfect Player for Your Vinyl Collection
Prior to the advent of digital music and CDs were a thing, vinyl record players were the preferred medium for enjoying music. Although their popularity waned over the years, they continue to be prized possessions for many music aficionados - with good reason. Vinyl provides better sound quality than most digital players and any music or audio enthusiast appreciates this fact.
At RV HIFI, you will find some of the best-quality turntables in Australia. We are a leading name in the HiFi stereo and audio equipment business. Our team is passionate about vintage audio products such as belt-drive, idler and automatic turntables from the golden era of HiFi. Every item we sell has been painstakingly restored by our professionals for the best performance.
Vintage Turntables: Features and Benefits
Most people use the terms turntable and record player interchangeably. However, this is technically incorrect as they have subtle differences. If you wish to purchase authentic vintage turntables, understanding these points is important. It helps you make an informed decision and ensures you get the best value for your money.
- Turntable: It is part of a record player - more specifically, the platter that holds (and spins) your record while it plays. Therefore, it requires other additional equipment before you can listen to music on it.
- Record player: A record player is a complete device with a turntable, built-in amplifier and speakers. It allows for an easy plug-and-play audio experience with vinyl records.
Despite their differences, old record players and turntables have similar features, they require identical components to work.
- A rotational platter where the vinyl record sits as it plays
- A central spindle that holds the record in place as the platter spins
- A tonearm that holds the phono cartridge and stylus that “reads” the record and plays music
- An amplifier boosts the audio signal, allowing it to be played through speakers with enhanced volume and clarity
- A speaker that allows the listener to enjoy quality audio (if you have a turntable, you will need to buy separate speakers)
Depending on whether you have a retro record player or turntable, you will need a pre-amplifier. Certain turntables come equipped with integrated preamps, whereas others lack this feature. Record players always come with a preamp.
Vintage turntables and record players provide a whole new audio experience to the discerning listener. The best part is that they are not affected by compression, which impacts the quality of digital audio. This is why they are very popular among HiFi and audio enthusiasts. Here are some other key features of this device
- Unmatched Quality: Vinyl records deliver unparalleled audio quality that surpasses digital imitation. They avoid excessive compression, allowing you to enjoy the full spectrum of audio ranges.
- Gateway to Timeless Melodies: The digital realm does not have all the melodies of the yesteryears. Whereas, vinyl turntables will transport you to musical eras of the past.
- Aesthetics and Nostalgia: Vintage record players or turntables add sophistication and nostalgia to any space. It transforms any room into a sanctuary for music enthusiasts.
- Valuable Investment: In an era where vinyl records and turntables have become sought-after collectibles, owning one is a good investment. It resonates with both audiophiles and collectors alike.
Why Choose RV HIFI for Buying Vintage Turntables?
There is no substitute for quality when it comes to audio experience. Old turntables and classic record players provide crisp, clear sounds that audiophiles as well as music enthusiasts love. If you are one yourself, we can help enhance your audio system or listening experience with our products.
RV HIFI has an exclusive collection of vintage turntables in Australia. Our prices are reasonable and we provide a warranty on every item we have for sale. What’s more? We offer reliable worldwide shipping as well. So, if you wish to know more or have any queries, do not hesitate to call us on 0419 700 769.
“I remember opening up my first vinyl and seeing the incredible artwork it had. There’s nothing like it. You also get that true gritty sound on vinyl that really makes a rock record sound great, which CDs can never achieve.”
Nikki Sixx (co-founder, bassist, and primary songwriter of the band Mötley Crüe)
Experience the feeling that only vinyl can deliver. Select from one of our beautifully restored turntables, available now at RV Hi Fi.